Fishing is allowed on Tuesdays and Fridays from sunrise to sunset to those with a valid permit issued from the Halifax County Administration Office. Permits will be issued to the first ten applicants for each Tuesday and Friday and may be purchased up to 30 days in advance. Once the permit is issued, the date cannot be changed. Please call 434-476-3300 if you have questions regarding this announcement.
Fishermen are asked to adhere to the rules listed below:
1. A County issued fishing permit is required to fish on park property.
2. This permit can be obtained at the Halifax County Administration Building in Halifax.
3. Each Permit will cost $2.00 per person, per day, and only valid on the date listed on the permit.
4. A fishing permit can he purchased up to thirty days in advance, but is nontransferable.
5. Fishing will only be allowed on Tuesdays and Fridays during park operation hours only. (Dawn to Dusk)
6. Only ten (10) permits will be issued per day.
7. Fishing will be restricted to designated area. (Area will be posted)
8. No Person under the age of twelve (12) will be issued a permit without parent or guardian.
9. A valid Virginia Fishing License is required to obtain a permit.
10. Only Pan Fish may be harvested (Bream, Perch, Crappie). All other species must be caught and released. (All bass and catfish must be released immediately after being caught)
11. A creel limit of six (6) fish per permit may be kept. You may continue to fish but all other fish must be released to insure that this pond remains viable for fishing.
12. No Swimming, wading or watercraft allowed in the pond.
13. Special use permits may be obtained for educational groups. These groups may exceed ten persons, but all persons must fish within the designated fishing area and must release all fish caught.
14. Virginia Game Wardens, local law enforcement officers, Animal Control Officers and Park Staff will enforce all Park Rules and Regulations.
15. We ask that you please leave the park better than you found it. Please do not Litter.